Saturday, January 13, 2024

Aloha finally!

After a cancelled flight, a change of airlines, and three nights in a Hampton Inn, we arrived in Hawaii just in the nick of time, as much of the country is getting hit by an arctic blast.  My smaller suitcase managed a side trip to Kauai, but it arrived on the big Island only 4 hours after we did.

I walked around the coffee plantation today and here is some of what I saw.

First of all, there are coffee plants all over the place.  It looks like they are budding and will soon bloom.

Second, I found some really tiny bananas that I'm hoping we can watch grow into the lovely apple bananas that we enjoy for breakfast.

I found a gecko on a large banana palm.

And I discovered that the avocado tree is loaded with avocadoes this year.  I picked up a few off the ground, and will wait for them to ripen.  This variety of avocado is very large -- bigger than a softball, and very tasty.

Stay warm and be safe this winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment